Friday, June 20, 2014

Oh, Knit-Cro-Sheen



Just saying "Knit-Cro-Sheen" brings to mind images of my grandmother crocheting delicate openwork with the finest hook I could imagine. I loved watching her work. Her stitches were so perfectly even. I could never get mine so even, and boy did I try. Her pineapple work and doilies were stunning. I remember thinking, "mine will never look like hers." I'm not sure my work is there yet, but I think I'm close to trying, especially after an acquisition my mother made this week.


My mother found a box and a bag full of Knit-Cro-Sheen at a yard sale. Most have quite a bit of thread on the ball. Some are even brand new. I would classify most as vintage. Now to find the perfect project(s). I love doilies, placemats, tablecloths, table runners - any openwork in a finer weight.




I can't take credit for any of finished work pictured here. All of these were likely done by one of my grandmothers - something to aspire to!

Happy on the Hook!
Gwenhywfar

No comments:

Post a Comment