Saturday, July 19, 2014

Hooky progress!


I love it when a plan comes together! I started working on my temperature blanket earlier this month and I'm almost caught up. I wasn't happy with how the blocks were going together (as I noted in this post), so I tweaked the pattern. The flowers are laying flatter and the corners are much better. I added a TC and a ch1 to each corner, using the ch1 space to join.

So round 4 of the Riley Flower Square Motif would be: Ch1 and sc in the same st. [Hdc in the next ch sp, then dc, trc, ch 1, trc, dc all in the next st. Hdc in the next ch sp. Ch1, sc in each of the next 3 std and ch sps, ch1] 3 times. Repeat for 4th side, but end with ch1 in the last 4 sts and ch sps.


My latest project on the hook is another mandala. Once again, I'm using Alice's pattern at Crochet with Raymond (available here). I should note that I made the same slight changes as last time because I wanted the mandala a bit bigger. The pattern notes are listed in detail here

This one is for a friend. I really like how the tones work together in this one. I especially like the bits of yellow and how well they are placed. It's a variegated cotton from Sugar 'n Cream by Lily. I also used I Love This Cotton from Hobby Lobby.

Two more mandalas to go for friends, plus the Stitch-cation, temperature blanket, mood blanket. I do have a few WIPs right now!

Happy on the Hook!
Gwenhywfar

No comments:

Post a Comment