Thursday, February 12, 2015

Progress, progress, progress


Another project finished! This one is a cuddly laprobe using Lion Brand Homespun yarn in Colonial, Windsor and Baroque. 

I started it to use up the Homespun yarn, and to have a cuddle blanket for the couch. I still have quite a bit of Homespun yarn to use up, but this was a good stashbuster!

It worked up beautifully, and was such an easy pattern - one row of single crochets, one row of double crochets in each color.

The border is a 5-double crochet shell pattern with 7 double crochets in the corners. 

It turned out just lovely! I used a size M hook, and the finished product has nice drape and feel.

I've moved on to another WIP, one started at the beginning of 2014. It was the first go at a mood blanket. I knew it was going to be big, so I planned it for a queen-sized bed - 11 blocks across with the blocks measuring nearly 12 inches. The pattern is just beautiful, but each block took about two hours to complete. Needless to say, I didn't get very far - about two and a half rows done before the WIP was silently hidden away...


I took the squares apart, no minor task since I couldn't find where I tucked ends, and found I had exactly 24 squares. I laid them out into a 4x6 square laprobe, alternating plain and variegated evenly.

I'm using a join-as-you-go method, and it's going together quite quickly. I'm using an H hook, and it's everything I can do to not spend every waking moment working on this WIP. I never thought this project would see completion!

The other project in the works is the reorganization of the yarn room. It started with tackling a room I haven't set foot in for two years - long story. Needless to say that room has been cleared out, cleaned, carpeted and repurposed. The items put in that room cleared out another room I now call the yarn room. All the yarn is in one room, organized by color in totes. All the crochet books and magazines are on a bookcase in the room along with all my WIPs. I even have a file cabinet for the loose leaf patterns. So very excited!


Happy on the Hook!
Gwenhywfar

No comments:

Post a Comment