Monday, April 20, 2015

New projects...

I must admit, I've taken a break from the WIPs for a bit. I needed a bit of a break. I needed something new to keep my mind engaged and excited. As spring is shining through the winter doldrums, my time is getting thinner and thinner... so when I crochet I really want to spend it doing something I enjoy.


This is the new CAL from Zooty Owl - Wade's Blanket. Zelna is releasing instructions every two weeks for the CAL (crochet-a-long). Here is the introduction to the CAL. It's an easy CAL so far, not too hard to follow and wonderful to relax with - just my style as the spring hectic schedule kicks in!


The first part is Circle in a Square. I'm matching my living room colors on this project, and so far I'm in love with the colorway. I'm using I Love This Yarn from Hobby Lobby in Sagey Tweed, Pistache, Terra Cotta, Light Taupe, Cream, Autumn Stripes and Dark Olive.


The second set of instructions is a granny square, with a twist. I've worked this style before, and I love how it turns out. The granny square is turned after every row (in this case, turned every row except the first). By doing it this way the square lays flatter. I'm still on the second set of instructions, even though the third set was released on Friday (and it looks like fun!)


I've also finished one of the small blankets for a nearby neo-natal intensive care unit (NICU). Others in the group have crocheted small dresses and burial pouches for the dear angel babies. I'm getting ready to start one of the dresses as well, my first piece of clothing with a crochet hook...

This is one of the most rewarding projects I've been involved with. It's comforting to know that I can do something for the NICU and the families who need its services.

Gwenhywfar 

No comments:

Post a Comment